Champagne may have been flowing at Bendigo Street in Collingwood on Sunday, but residents remained sceptical about Daniel Andrews’ promise to scrap the East West Link.
Mr Andrews promised the East West Link contract would be ripped up and their homes saved under a Labor government, so the residents were relieved he was voted into power. But politicians, they pointed out, are known to promise one thing before an election, and do another after entering office. Continue reading Home owners wait and see on East West Link→
This update was compiled by the office of Adam Bandt MP. Have you got info, links or events to share? Email to email@example.com or call 9642 0922.
In this issue:
– Rally this Sunday in Brunswick – can you help with leafletting?
– Tunnel Picket – strategy meeting tomorrow
– CIS live blog – follow the public hearings
– April 6: Adam Bandt and Greens “Day of Action”
– Community meeting – Sharing Our Strategy
– Children’s March for the Animals
– Training for a state election
– No Mandate: petition launched
– Community Summit – what’s next after CIS hearings?
– Friday morning peaceful protest on Hoddle St
– Upcoming events
– East West Link in the media