Yarra Council gives Australia Day award to ‘everyone’ who campaigned against East West Link Marissa Calligeros (January 26, 2015)
The Yarra City Council has given an Australia Day citizen award to “everyone” who campaigned against the $6.8 billion East West Link.
The grassroots campaign against the proposed road tunnel – the first stage planned to connect the Eastern Freeway with City Link – involved a number of community groups and individuals united under the slogan “Trains Not Toll Roads”.
This update was compiled by the office of Adam Bandt MP. Have you got info, links or events to share? Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9642 0922.
In this issue:
– Rally this Sunday in Brunswick – can you help with leafletting?
– Tunnel Picket – strategy meeting tomorrow
– CIS live blog – follow the public hearings
– April 6: Adam Bandt and Greens “Day of Action”
– Community meeting – Sharing Our Strategy
– Children’s March for the Animals
– Training for a state election
– No Mandate: petition launched
– Community Summit – what’s next after CIS hearings?
– Friday morning peaceful protest on Hoddle St
– Upcoming events
– East West Link in the media