Dr Napthine has said he will be “caring & compassionate” of the people affected by the project.
But he has made it clear that this will only extend to people whose property is to be compulsorily acquired, other than the recent precedent set by the purchase of the Evo Development.
It would be nice to hear his true unadulterated and some would say suspect reasoning for bulldozing their way across the Victorian electorate with his ill planned and heavily flawed East West Tunnel ‘Pipe Dream’.
Recently comments by Dr Napthine on Tom Elliot’s 3AW afternoon program when questioned on the EWT matter was quite weak and hollow, and even Tom who I regard as very lucid, astute and historically conservative, but compassionate at heart, doubted his sincerity on this matter as Dr Napthine pointed to a 10 page Hyperbole/propaganda document on the Linking Melbourne Authority website.
Our issues below are no doubt shared by all those that abut or are very close to the disastrous East West Tunnel;
- The direct extent of both the social and economic impact on us and other affected residents of the area, and surrounding and associated areas;
- The health impact on us and other residents of the Yarra, Moonee Valley, Melbourne City Council and other related communities;
- The severe depreciating property values of residents like us not slated for acquisition on Alexandra Pde East, Clifton Hill and those on the Western side of Bendigo.
- The debilitating psychological impact on my wife and me, now facing the reality of barriers and walls of ramps no more than 20 meters away from our windows. Quite possibly we may not be able open windows because of noise and smog pollution that will eventuate;
- Deprivation of natural light, structural damage to homes, impact on community spaces and parks;
- Removal of choice from us to sell our house to the Government/LMA or for that matter removed us from the capacity to sell it on the open market at any reasonable price;
- Permanent eye sore and blight on the landscape;
- The flawed democracy of Linking Melbourne Authorities Impact Survey – a predetermined outcome of a survey that sought Not to engage a broad view and opinion(s) of all parties concerned, but engineered to reflect a certain outcome – censoring the full extent of devastation created by the Premier’s policy backflip to enhance his re-election prospects;
- Loss of view of the city along with the quaint/friendly village feel, both determining factors in us moving into Clifton Hill;
- Lack of due diligence applied or proactive consultation with us and other residents when the LMA was in the preplanning stageMore depressing has been the so called Impact Statement Survey being conducted by the State Government and its proxy lobby group the LMA. My wife and I have had the ‘rare and limited’ experience of having this very contrived Survey donereactively by the LMA contracted supplier GHD (their website notes that GHD is an international network of engineers, architects and environmental scientists serving clients in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation). Quite honestly this meeting at our home only served to prove the flawed democracy of Linking Melbourne Authorities Impact Survey – a predetermined outcome of a survey that has sought Not to engage a broad view and opinion(s) of all parties concerned. Quite the opposite, it has been engineered by the State Government/LMA to reflect a certain outcome – censoring the full extent of devastation created by the Premier’s policy backflip to push its propaganda and ultimately enhance his re-election prospects.
I also congratulated and am genuinely pleased for the Evo Developers and property investors being rightly afforded a choice in resolving their financial plight; In effect a ‘Get out of Jail card’, I am although extremely disappointed that other effected parties are not been dealt with ‘fairly and with respect’ as the State government likes to espouse, particularly those that are in a similar situation i.e. residents/business that surround or face onto Onramps like the one starting in Bendigo St and sweeping across Hoddle St along Alexandra Pde East.
The Evo project people like others who directly face onto the new project where not slated for acquisition and therefore did not fall under current Land acquisition laws, yet the government has chosen to resolve this issue by giving them ‘A CHOICE IN THE MATTER’ and leaving the rest of us hanging out to dry!!
I would argue that we are in a similar dire situation as the Evo investors surrounded a by a nest of future construction and Onramps caused by the about face Liberal party policy shift. We should be afforded the same rights and choices and be treated ‘fairly and with respect’! We would like to “get on with our lives” as Mr O’Brien stated.
Again with respect, I challenge the Transport Minister Mr Mulder, the Treasurer Michael O’Brien or the Premier Dr Napthine to visit my wife and I at our home and sanctuary. We would love to her from them directly how our life will be ‘enhanced’. In return we will give them an honest appraisal on how they and their propaganda army LMA and crew have WILLFULLY CAPPED our life, stomped on our future dreams, critically diminished our home equity, slapped our soul etc.
Dario and Chris Rizio.
Alexandra Pde East, Clifton Hill.